Tea Room Patron Members
For questions concerning Tea Room patron membership, please contact Helyna Bledsoe Thompson, Tea Room Patron Member Chairman at 713.871.6664 or email@example.com.
In 1925, the founders of the Junior League of Houston established the first community project as a well-baby clinic for indigent children that would eventually grow into today's Junior League Children’s Health Care Clinic of the world-renowned Texas Children's Hospital. To fund this important endeavor, members formed a Luncheon Club – the genesis of today's Junior League Tea Room. Currently, the Tea Room plays a vital and ongoing role in the organization's commitment to "Building A Better Community" by providing a rigorous program that trains volunteers in the discipline of service.
The Junior League Tea Room is enjoyed and supported by Junior League members as well as Tea Room individual patron members and Tea Room corporate patron members.
Tea Room: delicious lunches, special events and private functions
Ballroom: special events and use of facilities for larger private functions or events
Garden Rooms: for private business or social luncheons
Click here to download the Tea Room Calendar for additional information!
Individuals, corporations and organizations interested in Tea Room patron membership must complete an application.
Patron Memberships – The Perfect Gift!
Tea Room Patron Memberships make wonderful gifts
Individual Patron Membership – $25
Corporate Patron Membership – $75
Memberships are valid through May 31, 2017.
Tea Room Patron Member Policies
- Annual dues for Tea Room individual patron members are $50 and $150 for corporate Tea Room patron members. The total number of Tea Room patron members shall be limited to a number set annually by The Junior League of Houston, Inc. ("Junior League") Board of Directors and shall include all members of the Junior League.
- A candidate for Tea Room individual patron membership must be sponsored by one provisional, active or sustaining member, in good standing, of the Junior League. An Application for Tea Room Patron Membership may be found in the Tea Room Front Office or downloaded from the Junior League website at www.jlh.org.
- A candidate for Tea Room corporate patron membership must be sponsored by three provisional, active, or sustaining members, in good standing, of the Junior League. An Application for Tea Room Patron Membership may be found in the Tea Room Front Office or downloaded from the Junior League website, www.jlh.org.
- If vacancies exist, properly sponsored and approved Tea Room patron member candidates will be extended a membership, which becomes effective upon receipt of membership dues.
- The privilege of Tea Room individual patron membership is non-transferable, except upon death of a Tea Room patron member or if a Tea Room patron member is unable to utilize the membership for any reason, at which time, a requested transfer may be made to a family member. Tea Room patron member dues in effect at this time also shall be transferred.
- The privilege of Tea Room corporate patron membership is non-transferable, except that individuals named as authorized signers may be substituted by completing a new Authorized Signers Form, available in the Tea Room Front Office or downloaded from the Junior League website at www.jlh.org. Tea Room corporate patron members are allowed five authorized signers per membership. Additional signers may be added at the rate of $25 per signer.
- A Tea Room patron’s membership is renewed annually upon receipt of member dues, unless the Tea Room patron member has been removed from membership by a vote of The Board of Directors of The Junior League of Houston.
- All guests of the Junior League Tea Room must be accompanied by a Tea Room patron member. Only spouses and unmarried children of a Tea Room patron member and authorized signers of Tea Room corporate patron members may use the facilities in the Tea Room patron member’s name.
- Use of the facilities by non-Tea Room patron members or groups must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or Junior League member, who must attend the function and shall have the ultimate responsibility for final payment of all charges.
- Junior League members from other cities and patron members of Junior League Tea Rooms in other cities may use the facilities of the Tea Room while visiting Houston. Junior League members from other cities requesting the use of Tea Room facilities for a private function, such as a wedding reception, must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or a member of The Junior League of Houston, Inc.