Effective May 6, 2020:
In accordance with the new guidelines for opening business, the Tea Room will be open for in-person a la carte dining beginning Wednesday, May 6, 2020. The League is excited to welcome back our patrons and guests with additional protocols in place and safety in mind.
What to Expect when Dining in the Tea Room:
- Hours of Operation are Wednesday through Saturday, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. with the last reservation accepted at 1:00 p.m.
- Tea Room capacity will be limited to 25%, with tables spaced 10 feet apart, and a maximum of 6 people per table. Reservations are required and can be made with the Tea Room Front Office at 713.871.6673.
- The dining experience may look slightly different as the Tea Room navigates this new normal. The Tea Room will be using disposable menus and condiments, servers will be in masks and gloves, and hand sanitizer will be available at each table for guest use.
- An abbreviated menu will be available for dine-in or carry out. Carry-out orders may be placed by calling the Tea Room Front Office in advance at 713.871.6673.
Additionally, The Pantry will be open Tuesday through Saturday, 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. The full menu will be available and pre-order is not required.
We ask that you refrain from coming to the League building for any reason if you are sick or have been in contact with someone who is sick. All guests should be mindful of proper hygiene protocols and practice social distancing of 6 feet or more whenever possible.
Dear League community,
In response to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 situation, The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has established new protocols for League events in line with CDC guidelines, and guidance from the City of Houston.
League Events Suspended:
In accordance with these new recommendations, all League volunteer events, meetings and gatherings are suspended for the next 8 weeks, through Saturday, May 9, 2020, and will be re-evaluated at that time.
Building Closed for non-essential guests / employees at this time.
Further, the Tea Room and The Pantry will be closed to guests until further notice. If you have a question regarding an event you have booked in the Ballroom or Tea Room, please email the Front Office or call 713.871.6673.
- The building will remain open with limited hours (M – F, 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.) and a small number of essential staff, including security, housekeeping and the kitchen team (working in rotating shifts). The building is open only for essential tasks; we ask volunteers and guests to avoid coming to the building unless it is absolutely necessary and not at all if you are ill or symptomatic.
- Office staff will be working remotely, so we can continue serving our members and community as much as possible. Please have patient as we adapt and join me in thanking them for their additional efforts.
The decision to cancel so many events and opportunities has not been made lightly. At this time, the League believes that first and foremost, the safety, health and well-being our members and their families, our staff and their families, as well as our community as a whole, guide our decisions. We believe that we have a social responsibility to do our part to lessen the effects of the COVID-19 outbreak in our community. This remains at the very top of all decision-making criteria.
We appreciate your patience, understanding and support as the League navigates what is truly new ground for all of us. At a time when so much seems uncertain, one thing I know for sure is that League members will continue to support each other and support the community. Please continue to stay safe and healthy.
The Junior League of Houston, Inc.