Prospective Member Open House
The Prospective Member Open House scheduled for Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 7 p.m. has been cancelled and rescheduled for Thursday, January 18, 2018, at 7 p.m. in the Tea Room. The Admissions Committee is willing to work with all prospective members interested in joining the Junior League of Houston. If you can no longer attend, please contact the Admissions Committee. If your sponsor is no longer able to attend the Open House, please attend without her.
Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
Founded in 1925, The Junior League of Houston, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Have access to a broad range of volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about the community the League serves
- Have the opportunity to network and make lasting friendships
- Sponsors: The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has a sponsored admissions process. Two members of the Junior League of Houston must propose a prospective member for admission.
- At least one sponsor must be an active member. The co-sponsor can be either an active or sustainer member. Both sponsors must be in good standing.
- A League sustainer and/or active member may sponsor only one prospective applicant each year.
- Current provisional members are not eligible to sponsor prospective members.
- Age: Prospective members must be at least 23 years of age by Tuesday, January 2, 2018, and not 40 years of age before Sunday, April 1, 2018.
- Residency: Prospective members must have been a resident of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris or Waller County for at least one year prior to Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
- Applications will be available on the Junior League of Houston homepage starting Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Applications will be 100 percent online.
- Attend one of two mandatory Prospective Member Open Houses in the JLH Ballroom:
- Thursday, January, 4, 2018, at 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 16, 2018, at 7 p.m.
- Applicant and one sponsor must attend the same session.
- The online application submission process will close at 9 p.m. on Monday, January 22, 2018.