The League would like to recognize the following outstanding members. Each of these members were nominated by a fellow League member for their dedicated efforts during the 2019 – 2020 League year.
Rebecca worked SETs (Special Event Team) each night of the Charity Ball and did a fantastic job of organizing SET volunteers, showing initiative to see what task s needed to be handled, and ensuring that those tasks were completed. Other members were impressed by her calm demeanor and follow through on nights that are consistently busy.
- Meredith did a phenomenal job as the Chairman for the Community Assistance Committee this year. She ran a well-organized, effective, and meaningful placement for volunteers. Meredith shined as a leader and as an ambassador of the League.
- Seante did a great job of reaching out to the Executive Director of Books Between Kids to get more books in kids’ hands who do not have them. Her love of literacy and making a meaningful impact shines!
- Amy put her creativity to good use in decorating the League’s tree at the Alley Theatre’s Deck the Trees event. She devoted multiple hours a day to arranging ribbons and flowers, hand-cutting paper leaves, and making the entire vision come to life. Thank you for creating such a memorable tree!
- With Alex’s leadership and support, the League and Kids’ Meals implemented the first ever Trunk or Treat event, which allowed Kids’ Meals to engage over 200 of their clients. Alex saw a need at Kids’ Meals and worked to provide a meaningful event. League members purchased supplies, decorated their cars, and showed up in mass to support Kids’ Meals and the clients they serve.
- Shiree has been serving residents at Open Door Mission as a GED tutor and has gone above and beyond to meet the scheduling needs of the clients she is helping. In Open Door Mission’s words, “Shiree Berry has been the most consistent and devoted Junior League tutor so far. She’s a blessing!”
- Kimberly did a fantastic job of securing donations from businesses in the Houston community and preparing creative auction item descriptions for the Charity Ball Auction Committee. Her dedication and creativity contributed to the committee raising over $100,000 from the Silent Auction at the League’s annual Charity Ball.
Casey Jo Chapman
- Casey Jo brings a positive, solution oriented approach to all that she does! She did a wonderful job as the Community Impact Director-Family Support for the League this year. Casey Jo shined as a leader and expert planner in her placement.
- Katie has done an excellent job as Membership Communications Manager communicating with the League’s membership, especially during this unprecedented time. She is an “absolute joy” to work with and is thoughtful and creative.
- Courtney is a wonderful example of our members showing kindness to the individuals we serve. She has been an outstanding Pen Pals leader and has provided exceptional kindness to the children at Pilgrim Elementary.
- McKinley is a valuable asset to the League. She stayed well past her shift as a Charity Ball SET Volunteer to ensure that the League’s property was properly cared for and that the Charity Ball was a success.
- Anh has been an amazing Chairman for the Pen Pals placement. She is always coming up with great ideas to streamline processes and procedures for the assistant chairs and actives. Thank you for caring about the success of the placement and being a strong leader!
- Elena has demonstrated a strong commitment to bringing about positive changes for Ready Hands. She connects with the individuals the League serves and is known to put a smile on the ladies’ faces. She continuously strives to go above and beyond the call of her duty, and it is noticed. Thank you, Elena!
- Dionella is responsive, generous with her time, and an overall great example of an effective League leader. As TCH Chairman, her enthusiasm and dedication to the League is inspiring.