The purpose of the Community Emergency/Contingency Grants is the distribution of monetary grants to address the emergency or short-term needs of tax exempt agencies.
Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
Grants shall be restricted to agencies within Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris and Waller counties and benefit the residents of these counties.
Agencies interested in requesting an Community Emergency/Contingency grant should submit a written request to:
Community Vice President
The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
1811 Briar Oaks Lane
Houston, Texas 77027-3405
- Preference shall be given to:
- Agencies whose short-term/emergency requests address critical human needs;
- Agencies/projects facing the possibility of a temporary disruption of services;
- Agencies who have not received a Community Assistance grant in the current year.
- Generally, requests for fundraising drives, capital campaigns, building funds, sectarian religious projects, tuitions or seminars will not be considered.