The purpose of the Community Emergency/Contingency Grants is the distribution of monetary grants to address the emergency or short-term needs of tax exempt agencies.
Applicants must have a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS.
Grants shall be restricted to agencies within Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris and Waller counties and benefit the residents of these counties.
Agencies interested in requesting Community Emergency/Contingency grant support should submit a written request to:
Community Vice President
The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
1811 Briar Oaks Lane
Houston, Texas 77027-3405
Included in the request should also be the board of directors listing, operating budget, the most recent fiscal year IRS 990, the most recent audited financial statements, IRS determination letter of nonprofit status, and a current IRS W-9.
- Preference shall be given to:
- Agencies whose short-term/emergency requests address critical human needs;
- Agencies/projects facing the possibility of a temporary disruption of services;
- Agencies who have not received a Community Assistance grant in the current year.
- Generally, requests for fundraising drives, capital campaigns, building funds, sectarian religious projects, tuitions or seminars will not be considered.