For questions concerning Tea Room patron membership, please contact Amanda Pritchett, Tea Room Patron Member Chairman at 713.871.6664 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In 1927, the founders of the Junior League of Houston established the Junior League Health Center. That pediatric clinic initiative evolved to become what is now two clinics: the Complex Care Clinic at Texas Children’s Hospital and the Primary Care Practice at Palm Center. To fund this important endeavor, members formed a Luncheon Club – the genesis of today’s Junior League Tea Room. Currently, the Tea Room plays a vital and ongoing role in the organization’s commitment to “Building A Better Community” by providing a rigorous program that trains volunteers in the discipline of service.
The Junior League Tea Room is enjoyed and supported by Junior League members as well as Tea Room individual patron members and Tea Room corporate patron members.
Tea Room patron members enjoy:
Tea Room: delicious lunches, special events and private functions
Ballroom: special events and use of facilities for larger private functions, banquets or meetings
Garden Rooms: for private business or social luncheons
Click here to download the Tea Room calendar for additional information!
Individuals, corporations and organizations interested in Tea Room patron membership must complete an application.
Tea Room Patron Member Policies
- Current dues for Tea Room individual patron members are $75 and for Tea Room corporate patron members are $200. Memberships are valid from Saturday, June 1, 2019, through Sunday, May 31, 2020.
- A candidate for Tea Room individual patron membership must be sponsored by one provisional, active or sustainer member, in good standing, of the Junior League.
- A candidate for Tea Room corporate patron membership must be sponsored by three provisional, active, or sustainer members, in good standing, of the Junior League.
- The privilege of Tea Room individual patron membership is non-transferable, except upon death of a Tea Room patron member, or if a Tea Room patron member is unable to utilize the membership for any reason, at which time, a requested transfer may be made to a family member. Tea Room patron member dues in effect at this time also shall be transferred.
- The privilege of Tea Room corporate patron membership is non-transferable, except that individuals named as authorized signers may be substituted by completing a new Authorized Signers Form, available in the Tea Room Front Office or may be downloaded here. Tea Room corporate patron members are allowed five authorized signers per membership. Additional signers may be added at the annual rate of $25 per additional signer.
- A Tea Room patron’s membership is renewed annually upon receipt of member dues, unless the Tea Room patron member has been removed from membership by a vote of the Board of Directors of the Junior League of Houston.
- All guests of the Junior League Tea Room must be accompanied by a Tea Room patron member. Only spouses and unmarried children of a Tea Room patron member and authorized signers of Tea Room corporate patron members may use the facilities in the Tea Room patron member’s name.
- Use of the facilities by non-Tea Room patron members or groups must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or Junior League member, who must attend the function and shall have the ultimate responsibility for final payment of all charges.
- Junior League members from other cities may use the Tea Room facilities while visiting Houston. Junior League members from other cities requesting the use of Tea Room facilities for a private function, such as a wedding reception, must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or a member of The Junior League of Houston, Inc.