Tea Room patron members may enjoy a wide range of benefits during the 2019 – 2020 League year including:
- Use of the Ballroom to host private functions and other business or social events
- Access to the charming Tea Room garden rooms for business meetings, social luncheons, birthday parties, wedding or bridal showers
- Priority seating during Tea Room lunch service prepared by Chef Michael Smith (based on availability)
- Reservations to fun and exciting Tea Room special events and informal style shows
- Reduced ticket pricing for the Holiday Special with pianist Rob Landes in December
- Invitation to the Community Assistance Grant Reception in January
- Invitation to the Charity Ball Friends and Family Night in February
- Invitation to tour the new Junior League of Houston’s TCH SuperKids Pediatric Mobile Clinic
- Enjoyment of the beautifully remodeled Underwood Room within the Junior League of Houston’s building, to be unveiled in the fall of 2019
- Free onsite covered parking in the Junior League parking garage
As a reminder, gratuity is not accepted at any Junior League special event, or when dining in the Tea Room.
Click here to download the Tea Room Calendar for additional information about upcoming special events!
Individuals, corporations and organizations interested in Tea Room patron membership must complete an application. Click here for an application for Tea Room Patron Membership.
Tea Room Patron Member Policies
- Annual dues for Tea Room individual patron members are $75 and for Tea Room corporate patron members are $200. Memberships are valid from June 1, 2019, through May 31, 2020.
- A candidate for Tea Room individual patron membership must be sponsored by one provisional, active or sustainer member, in good standing, of the Junior League.
- A candidate for Tea Room corporate patron membership must be sponsored by three provisional, active or sustainer members, in good standing, of the Junior League.
- The privilege of Tea Room individual patron membership is non-transferable, except upon death of a Tea Room patron member, or if a Tea Room patron member is unable to utilize the membership for any reason, at which time, a requested transfer may be made to a family member. Tea Room patron member dues in effect at this time also shall be transferred.
- The privilege of Tea Room corporate patron membership is non-transferable, except that individuals named as authorized signers may be substituted by completing a new Authorized Signers Form, available in the Tea Room Front Office or may be downloaded here. Tea Room corporate patron members are allowed five authorized signers per membership. Additional signers may be added at the annual rate of $25 per additional signer.
- A Tea Room patron’s membership is renewed annually upon receipt of member dues, unless the Tea Room patron member has been removed from membership by a vote of the Board of Directors of the Junior League of Houston.
- All guests of the Junior League Tea Room must be accompanied by a Tea Room patron member. Only spouses and unmarried children of a Tea Room patron member and authorized signers of Tea Room corporate patron members may use the facilities in the Tea Room patron member’s name.
- Use of the facilities by non-Tea Room patron members or groups must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or Junior League member, who must attend the function and shall have the ultimate responsibility for final payment of all charges.
- Junior League members from other cities may use the Tea Room facilities while visiting Houston. Junior League members from other cities requesting the use of Tea Room facilities for a private function, such as a wedding reception, must be sponsored by a Tea Room patron member or a member of the Junior League of Houston.
For questions concerning Tea Room patron membership or to request a full copy of the Patron Member Policies, please contact Amanda Pritchett, Tea Room Patron Member Chairman at 713.871.6664 or email@example.com.