Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
The admissions process to become a provisional member for the 2024 – 2025 League year will open this fall. In the meantime, a Prospective Member Interest Form is available to complete. Updates on the admission process will be shared with those that have completed the form. Prospective members are also encouraged to follow the Junior League of Houston on social media! We are on Facebook and Instagram.
The Junior League of Houston is open to all women in the Houston area who are interested in “Building A Better Community.”
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Have access to a broad range of volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about the community the League serves
- Impact the Houston community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers, and
- Have the opportunity to network and make lasting friendships
- Sponsors: The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has a sponsored admissions process. One member of the Junior League of Houston must propose a prospective member for admission. The League would love to help you obtain a sponsor!
- Age: Prospective members must be at least 23 years of age by Monday, January 1, 2024, and not 40 years of age before Monday, April 1, 2024.
- Residency: Prospective members must be a resident of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris or Waller County by Thursday, February 1, 2024.
Applications for the 2024 – 2025 Provisional Class open online on Monday, October 23, 2023, and close on Monday, January 22, 2024.
- In-person on Wednesday, November 1, 2023, at 6:30 p.m.
- In-person on Monday, January 8, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.
- Virtually on Monday, January 8, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.
PROSPECTIVE MEMBER ENGAGEMENT EVENTS
The Junior League of Houston is excited to host two Prospective Member Engagement Events each year. Prospective members will have the opportunity to meet other women interested in membership at these optional events. Additionally, current League members will be present to answer questions about the admission process and the overall League member experience in a fun environment.
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023, at 7 p.m. at Kirby Ice House, 3333 Eastside Street, Houston, TX 77098
- Thursday, December 7, 2023, at 6:30 p.m. at the Junior League of Houston, 1811 Briar Oaks Lane, Houston, TX 77027
REQUIREMENTS FOR 2024 – 2025 PROVISIONAL MEMBERS
– Attend one of the Prospective Member Open House meetings. These are scheduled for Wednesday, November 1, 2023, and Monday, January 8, 2024, at 6:30 p.m.
– Attend Provisional Orientation
– Attend education meetings
– Attend engagement events
– Attend agency visits
– Fulfill Community placement (and training)
– Fulfill Tea Room placement (and training)
– Attend general meetings
– Fulfill Special Events Teams (SETs)
– Pay provisional dues of $325 (dues include The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) dues and Tea Room uniform cost)
– Complete Provisional Course Evaluation
All components of the provisional course are mandatory.
TRANSFERRING MEMBERSHIP FROM ANOTHER LEAGUE
If you have recently moved to Houston and are interested in transferring your Junior League membership to the Junior League of Houston, please contact your current League and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Houston via the AJLI (Association of Junior Leagues International) e-Transfer system. All transfer requests are processed through the AJLI online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed. Once your transfer is either initiated or approved by the transferring League, the Junior League of Houston will mail you a transfer packet. The forms in this packet must be returned, along with any required dues, before your transfer is considered finalized.
To learn more about the work the League does in the Houston community and meet current members, prospective members are encouraged to volunteer at an agency the League supports with volunteers. Most of the agencies with whom the League is involved have volunteer programs of their own in which interested individuals may participate. Click here to access a full listing of the League’s community projects.