Founded in 1925, The Junior League of Houston, Inc. is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
- Have access to a broad range of volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about the community the League serves
- Have the opportunity to network and make lasting friendships
- Sponsors: The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has a sponsored admissions process. Two members of the Junior League of Houston must propose a prospective member for admission.
- At least one member of the Sponsoring Team must be an active resident member. The other member of the Sponsoring Team may be a provisional, active (including fall transfer members) or sustainer resident member. Both sponsors must be in good standing.
- A member may serve on up to two Sponsoring Team(s) each year.
- This year, sponsors are not required to attend an Open House with their prospective member. Prospective Member Open Houses will take place virtually on Thursday, December 3, 2020 and on Monday, January 11, 2021 at 7 p.m.
- Age: Prospective members must be at least 23 years of age by Saturday, January 2, 2021 and not 40 years of age before Thursday, April 1, 2021.
- Residency: Prospective members must have been a resident of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris or Waller County for at least one year prior to Monday, February 1, 2021.`
Applications for the 2021 – 2022 Provisional Class will be available online beginning Monday, October 26, 2020, and applications will close on Monday, January 25, 2021. The application process is completely online.
PROSPECTIVE MEMBER ENGAGEMENT EVENTS:
We are offering two engagement events this fall for anyone interested in joining The Junior League of Houston. These events will give prospective members a chance to meet other women interested in applying for membership with the League. Additionally, members of the League will be available to answer questions about the admission process and the League in general in a fun and socially distanced environment.
Virtual Social Hour Event: Thursday, November 19, 2020 at 7 p.m.
Join the admissions team and League members for a virtual social hour event and get to know what the League has to offer in a fun, virtual format. Please click here to register for the event.
To learn more about the work the League does in the Houston community and meet current members, prospective members are encouraged to volunteer at an agency the League supports with volunteers. Most of the agencies with whom the League is involved have volunteer programs of their own in which interested individuals may participate. Click here to access a full listing of the League’s community projects.
Requirements for 2021 – 2022 Provisional Members
– Attend one of the Prospective Member Open House meetings. These are scheduled for Thursday, December 3, 2020, and Monday, January 11, 2021, at 7 p.m.
– Attend Provisional Orientation
– Education meetings
– Engagement events
– Agency visits
– Community placement (and training)
– Tea Room placement (and training)
– General meetings
– Special Events Teams (SETs)
– Pay provisional dues of $325 (dues include The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) dues and Tea Room uniform cost)
– Complete Provisional Course Evaluation
All components of the provisional course are mandatory.
Transfer Membership from Another League
If you have recently moved to Houston and are interested in transferring your Junior League membership to the Junior League of Houston, please contact your current League and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Houston via the AJLI (Association of Junior Leagues International) e-Transfer system. All transfer requests are processed through the AJLI online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed. Once your transfer is either initiated or approved by the transferring League, the Junior League of Houston will mail you a transfer packet. The forms in this packet must be returned, along with any required dues, before your transfer is considered finalized.