Thank you for your interest in joining The Junior League of Houston, Inc.
The admissions process to become a provisional member for the 2022 – 2023 League year is now closed.
The Junior League of Houston is open to women in the Houston area who are interested in building a better community. Assistance in obtaining a sponsor will be offered to any and all prospective members who expresses interest by clicking here.
The Junior League of Houston will host two Open Houses. Prospective members are required to attend one Open House. The Prospective Member Open Houses for 2022 – 2023 will be posted in the fall 2022.
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Have access to a broad range of volunteer opportunities
- Learn more about the community the League serves
- Impact the Houston community through effective action and leadership of trained volunteers, and
- Have the opportunity to network and make lasting friendships
- Sponsors: The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has a sponsored admissions process. One member of the Junior League of Houston must propose a prospective member for admission. The League would love to help you obtain a sponsor! Click here to get started.
- Age: Prospective members must be at least 23 years of age by Sunday, January 2, 2022, and not 40 years of age before Friday, April 1, 2022.
- Residency: Prospective members must have been a resident of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris or Waller County for at least one year prior to Wednesday, February 1, 2022.
Applications for the 2022 – 2023 Provisional Class will open online beginning Tuesday, November 30, 2021, and close on Monday, January 24, 2022. The application process is now closed.
PROSPECTIVE MEMBER ENGAGEMENT EVENTS
The Junior League of Houston is excited to host two Prospective Member Engagement Events this fall. Prospective members will have the opportunity to meet other women interested in membership. Additionally, current League members will be present to answer questions about the admission process and the overall League member experience in a fun environment.
Dates for the fall 2022 will be released this summer.
If you need assistance identifying sponsors, the Admissions Committee is happy to help. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will connect you with League sponsors.
To learn more about the work the League does in the Houston community and meet current members, prospective members are encouraged to volunteer at an agency the League supports with volunteers. Most of the agencies with whom the League is involved have volunteer programs of their own in which interested individuals may participate. Click here to access a full listing of the League’s community projects.
Requirements for 2022 – 2023 Provisional Members
– Attend one of the Prospective Member Open House meetings. These are scheduled for Tuesday, November 30, 2021, and Thursday, January 13, 2022, at 7 p.m.
– Attend Provisional Orientation
– Education meetings
– Engagement events
– Agency visits
– Community placement (and training)
– Tea Room placement (and training)
– General meetings
– Special Events Teams (SETs)
– Pay provisional dues of $325 (dues include The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) dues and Tea Room uniform cost)
– Complete Provisional Course Evaluation
All components of the provisional course are mandatory.
Transfer Membership from Another League
If you have recently moved to Houston and are interested in transferring your Junior League membership to the Junior League of Houston, please contact your current League and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Houston via the AJLI (Association of Junior Leagues International) e-Transfer system. All transfer requests are processed through the AJLI online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed. Once your transfer is either initiated or approved by the transferring League, the Junior League of Houston will mail you a transfer packet. The forms in this packet must be returned, along with any required dues, before your transfer is considered finalized.