Pursuant to its mission statement, The Junior League of Houston, Inc. seeks to improve communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Please visit the following sections on the League’s website to learn more about the variety of ways that the League uses its resources to reach out to the community:
1. If your agency already has League volunteers serving on a regular basis, please click here to submit requests for continued budget and volunteer support for the 2020 – 2021 League year. Materials are due Monday, July 1, 2019.
2. Click here to apply for a grant from the Junior League of Houston. Community Assistance Grants provide funding opportunities for nonprofit agencies and organizations where the League does not provide volunteers on an on-going basis. Applications are due Friday, June 28, 2019.
3. Click here to request a League member to serve as a non-voting member on your nonprofit organization’s board or advisory board.
5. Click here to request volunteer support for short-term projects. Requests can be submitted on an on-going basis.
6. Click here to request emergency funds. Applications can be submitted on an on-going basis.
The membership of the Junior League of Houston votes every three years to determine the top three focus areas that will be used to guide the League’s direction and decision-making with regard to the League’s financial and volunteer resources.
Focus Areas for Volunteer Time and Financial Support:
• Abuse/Neglect of Children
• Children’s Education
• Mentoring Girls/Women
Questions about how the League might be able to assist your organization should be directed to the Community Vice President at 713.871.6635 or email@example.com