From Peace Meals
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- ½ to 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2 large cucumbers, peeled and chopped (about 2 ½ cups), plus additional slices for garnish
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves, plus additional
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cup plain yogurt (or sour cream)
This recipe requires advance preparation. Purée the ingredients except yogurt in a blender until smooth. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or up to 1 day. Ladle into bowls, top with a dollop of yogurt and garnish with cilantro and slice of cucumber.
Serve chilled. Serves 6.
Source: July 1, 2016, Houstonia Magazine Houston-Area Junior League Cookbooks Bring Savory to Summer