Become A Member
The Junior League of Houston, Inc. has a sponsored admissions process, which means that two members of the Junior League of Houston must propose a prospective member. To join the League, you must have a commitment to voluntarism. There is also an age limit and a residency requirement for membership in the League.
- Prospective members must be at least 23 years of age by Friday, September 1, 2017 and not 40 years of age before Sunday, April 1, 2018.
- Prospective members must have been a resident of Brazoria, Fort Bend, Harris or Waller County for at least one year prior to Friday, September 1, 2017.
If you are interested in League membership but do not know current members, the Admissions Committee is able to pair you with an Admissions Mentor to facilitate introductions to current League members. Another way to meet League members is to volunteer at an agency in the community where the League places volunteers. Most of the agencies with which the League is involved have volunteer programs of their own in which interested individuals may participate. Click here to access a full listing of the League’s community projects.
Applications for the 2017 – 2018 Provisional Course are no longer being accepted. Prospective Member Open Houses for the 2018 – 2019 Provisional Course will occur in January 2018. If you have questions, please contact Dionella Martinez, Admissions Chairman, at 713.871.6666 or email@example.com.
Requirements for Provisional Members
- Attend one of the Prospective Member Open House meetings in the winter of the year applying
- Attend Provisional Orientation
- Education meetings
- Engagement events
- Agency visits
- Community placement (and training)
- Tea Room placement (and training)
- General meetings
- Special Events Teams (SETs)
- Pay provisional dues of $325 (dues include The Association of Junior Leagues International, Inc. (AJLI) dues and Tea Room uniform cost)
- Complete Provisional Course Evaluation
All components of the provisional course are mandatory
Transfer Membership from Another League
If you have recently moved to Houston and are interested in transferring your Junior League membership to the Junior League of Houston, please contact your current League and ask them to transfer your membership to the Junior League of Houston via the AJLI (Association of Junior Leagues International) e-Transfer system. All transfer requests are processed through the AJLI online system. You will receive an email confirmation from AJLI that your transfer has been processed. Once your transfer is either initiated or approved by the transferring League, the Junior League of Houston will mail you a transfer packet. The forms in this packet must be returned, along with any required dues, before your transfer is considered finalized.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the Transfer Chairman at email@example.com.